About the role
3 Monkeys Zeno is on the hunt for an Account Manager to join its Corporate and Business Practice – the most award nominated Corporate Communications team in 2016!
The successful candidate will have a solid foundation in telling business stories on behalf of large consumer brands or an expertise in business verticals such as digital, engineering, food & drink, financial services or manufacturing. We have a strong preference for candidates who have worked as part of an integrated team on campaigns that span trade, consumer, corporate and digital. We are looking for a media hound with a digital native mind-set and strong journalist contacts. An understanding and passion for brand narrative and storytelling is a must.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for world affairs and an ability to translate what happens in society to develop new stories and approaches to business communications.
The Account Manager plays a vital role in the day-to-day running of our clients’ business and we are looking for somebody who can live and breathe our values of Oomph, Nous, Straight Talking and Tenacity. Candidates will need to be highly organised, mindful of deadlines and able to multi-task across a busy to-do list. They will need proven experience in client servicing and managing a team, ideally within a communications agency or large internal team.
An understanding of social media and digital is essential – and experience working on campaigns where content creation and content marketing is an element of the execution is an advantage.
The Account Manager will also be involved in new business pitches and should be able to show how they have contributed to both the development and the delivery of pitch presentations.
The Account Manager will sit within the Corporate and Business Communications team at 3 Monkeys Zeno, with day-to-day reporting to an Account Director / Associate Director on that team, and ‘dotted line’ reporting to the Head of Corporate and Business. This role would be part of a specialist team with opportunities to work on UK and global business.
Key Job Requirements
- 3+ years’ experience working within a communications agency or large internal team
- 1+ years’ experience in managing and developing junior team members
- Excellent writing skills and an understanding of how content is seeded and shared amongst business audiences from tier one media through to owned channels
- A creative flair and natural ability to contribute to brainstorms and campaign plans
- Demonstrable experience in helping to develop influencer programmes
Personal & Interpersonal Skills Requirements
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Used to working to tight deadlines
- Confident, upbeat and well-spoken in front of clients – whether face-to-face or on the phone
- Used to working on a team – able to coach juniors at the same time as being able to judge when matters need to be escalated upwards to Account Director or higher
- Excellent written English
- A solid appreciation of how PR and social media work together
About 3 Monkeys Zeno
We are a global creative communications consultancy. A collective of creative and strategic thinkers from every conceivable marketing background, independence defines our spirit. We’re obsessed with delivering work that packs a measurable punch, that inspires change, with earned at its beating heart.
Authentic storytelling is central to what we do, because a great story, well told has the magic to captivate. Everything we recommend is rooted in real insight and analytics. Our strategic rigour comes from truly understanding our clients’ businesses, the market they’re operating in and the audiences they’re trying to influence.
Our guiding philosophy is that human connection is why we are here. We’re all hardwired to connect with others and to belong. It’s what gives purpose and meaning in our lives.
If this resonates with you and you think you have what it takes and would like to discuss this opportunity more over drinks and/or dinner, call Ian Green now on 07584 340662.